- Do you want to understand COVID 19 from an Aged Care Perspective? - May 9, 2020
- Update on Royal Commission Activities - March 4, 2020
- Clinical Governance - October 21, 2019
Claiming CPD Relevance
Royal Commission into Aged Care
The Commission has now conducted hearings in Adelaide, Perth, Broome, Cairns, and Brisbane – continuing its long road trip to various centres.
Some of the stories coming out of the Commission are dreadful and should never happen to anyone let alone an aged person.
The Commission is releasing papers regularly and I have attached the following for your information:
- Navigating the Maze – An overview of Australia’s current aged care system
- Precis of Legislative Framework in Aged Care
- Medium and long term pressures on the system
- August RC Newsletter
When I listen to Royal Commission sessions I need to remind myself that what is being disclosed probably only represents 1-2% of the industry and that there are many aged care services providing good quality care to their residents and clients.
The impact this is having on the morale of aged care workers who take pride in providing excellent, compassionate, and loving care to their clients is very sad to see.
I’ve provided a number of additional documents that you might be interested in reading – Simply click on the title to view the Document.