Latest posts by Pam Bridges
- Clinical Governance - October 21, 2019
- Royal Commission into Aged Care - August 19, 2019
- New resources highlight need to plan ahead for people with dementia! - April 18, 2017
Queensland Smoking Legislation to Commence 1 September 2016 – did you know the detail!
What is being billed as Australia’s toughest ever smoking legislation was passed in February. Aged Care Facilities have been provided with an exemption allowing aged care providers to have designated smoking areas in their facilities.
I believe that the vast majority of aged care services already have this in place. It does not however overcome the challenge of ensuring that one person’s smoking is not impacting negatively on others.
The Legislation will impact on”
- Children’s’ sporting events and Skate Parks;
- In and around early childhood education and care facilities;
- Pedestrian precincts around prescribed government buildings;
- Specified national parks;
- Public swimming pools; and
- All outdoor pedestrian malls and public transport waiting points.
You can visit Pam’s website here >>
The thoughts of this blog are of the individual writer and not necessarily those of the Nurses for Nurses Network. To read our full disclaimer click here >>
The Nurses for Nurses Network provides great information and CPD on the latest information that Nurses need to know! If you are a Nurse who needs current information at your fingertips, then the Nurses for Nurses Network is for you! ps have you checked out the great CPD Travel events!